Follow Your Natural Rhythm for Success and Happiness
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Healing || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
Summary: This essay is about establishing inner harmony with your natural rhythm to be in the flow of life for success and fulfillment.
The universe is chaotic, so are our lives. Yet, within that chaos, we find certain patterns, structures, symmetry, harmony, predictability, order and regularity. They hold the universe within bounds and give us hope and an opportunity to deal with chance, uncertainty and chaos of life and give shape to our hidden talents, thoughts and desires.
Life is a struggle because we are mostly in conflict with the world around us. We cannot wish way the dissonance and the struggle we experience when we deal with the external world. We have to either fight with it or adapt to it or surrender to it. They are our major options.
However, we can bring harmony and tranquility within ourselves by resolving our inner conflicts and being in harmony with ourselves, so that the deep space within us becomes our own sanctuary, where we can find strength and solace to deal with the difficulties of life and mange its complexity.
Everyone has a natural rhythm. It is set in your biological clock and hidden in your DNA. It is responsible for biological and physiological functions, energy levels, growth and aging, and probably some behavior patterns too. People may develop health problems when it becomes irregular. They die when it fully stops working. This is a well-known fact in scientific circles.
Apart from biological rhythm, there is a mental rhythm, which determines how you feel and act or respond to situations. If you are in harmony with your mental and physical rhythms, you will feel uplifted, enthusiastic, energetic and flow with life. Otherwise, you will feel unhappy, blocked, depressed, lethargic, frustrated, angry, remorseful, guilty, anxious and so on.
When you are in conflict with your beliefs, habits, desires and preferences, you will not be happy with yourself or true to yourself, as you experience doubt, hesitation, conflicts and confusion. You will be out of tune with your inner rhythm and feel as if you are untrue to yourself and leading a life that is not to your liking.
Forced by circumstances or due to lack of clarity, most people fall into this category. They follow the path of least resistance, living below their expectations and demanding less and less from themselves. They become stuck in their lives, as they fall into routine and habitual thinking and give up resisting and fighting the destiny that life, chance, others or circumstances create for them.
To succeed in any field, you must know what drives you or motivates you. You must know your rhythm, when you are in the zone and where your passion reaches its peak. In that unified state of harmony, work does not stress you. If you pay attention to your thoughts and feelings, this knowledge will reveal itself to you in the early part of your life.
However, it is possible that as a child your parents might have chosen your major goals for you, or what you need to accomplish in life according to their dreams and desires rather than your likes and dislikes. To meet their expectations or to make them happy you might have pursued your education and taken up a job that may not be to your liking.
As a result, you may lead a good life, but you may not have the deeper satisfaction or the feeling that you are authentic to yourself. Many people fall into this category. They take up careers and jobs that do not give them enough scope to express their inborn talents and natural potentials or allow them to be in harmony with themselves and their hidden desires and passions.
If you are one of them, you will most likely suffer from self-alienation, which is a major source of depression, stress and anxiety. Our natural rhythm, goals, preferences, priorities, like and dislikes, etc., also change as time goes by, according to our age and circumstances.
Therefore, to be in harmony with yourself, you must continuously adapt to changing circumstances and keep yourself in harmony with your natural rhythm. It means you have to be attentive, flexible and willing to change.
If you want to be in the flow of your life and express your uniqueness and natural talents and skills or if you want to bring out the best in you to pursue excellence in the chosen field, you must find your natural rhythm and be in harmony with it. You must know your true feelings and follow them to guide your destiny.
In the following discussion, we focus upon how you can be in harmony with yourself and achieve success and happiness, managing the changing rhythms of life and riding upon the wave of abundance. Know who you are. Know what you truly want to achieve and try to bring them together in a harmonious way. This simple strategy has to be implemented according to certain principles, which are stated below.
1. Know who you are: This is the most important first step. To be happy and successful in life and find your rhythm, you must be in harmony with yourself. It means you must know you likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, skills, natural talents and inclinations, passions, deepest desires, fears and concerns, what drives and motivates you, where you want to see yourself in future, which career you prefer, and so on. You are the only asset you have, and you must know how to make the best use of your natural gifts for the betterment of your life. You may have been born poor, but still you must have been endowed with many natural talents. They constitute your wealth and your hope for change and progress.
2. Align with Yourself: Once you know your strengths and weaknesses, passions, skills, etc., you can accordingly establish your goals, plans and priorities, while taking care of those areas where you need improvement or which may interfere with your plans and progress. With this twin strategy approach, you can attune yourself to experience inner harmony. You have better chances of achieving excellence when you have goals that are in harmony with your deepest thoughts and aspirations, and when you feel energized, motivated and in the flow, doing what you love to do or where you excel. Life is not all about pursuing materialistic goals or fulfilling your ambition. You must bring balance into your thinking and actions, avoiding the extremes, finding time to relax and enjoy and pursuing spiritual goals.
3. Align with the World: You have only a limited control over others or the world. Since you have to compete with others to reach your goals or fulfill your needs, you cannot entirely avoid hurting others or making them feel envious or angry. Therefore, in your quest for success, you are bound to displease others and make some enemies. The best strategy to deal with this problem is finding the middle ground. With positive actions, appreciation, humility, respect, empathy and understanding, you can minimize the friction and establish harmony trust and goodwill with like-minded people. You can share with them your values and beliefs or causes that are in harmony with your ideals. By helping deserving people or by pursuing cooperation and conciliation with others rather than conflict and confrontation, you can build a network of relationships and extend your zone of influence.
4. Avoid negativity: Another way to build harmony within yourself and with others is by avoiding negative thoughts and negative people. You can do it by focusing upon the positive aspects of life, without being irrational or losing touch with reality. Negative people are difficult to please. They are quick to find fault, while they do not find any good in you or appreciate your ideas or opinions. They are harmony busters, who can create chaos in your life or potentially distract you from your goals by weakening your resolve. You can always learn lessons from them, but do not let them invade your mind and control your thoughts or decisions. Bring objectivity and clarity into your thinking by fortifying your mind from negative thoughts and by questioning your assumptions, irrational thoughts, biases and beliefs. Improve your discretion and decision making, so that you can think independently with enough commonsense and weigh unjust criticism, without being depressed by it.
5. Build on your success: A surfer knows how to ride on the waves. He knows when to step in and when to step out, and when to just sit on the shore and watch the waves, without risking his or her life. In the journey of life, you must do the same. You must know how to adapt yourself as you progress from one stage to another. There are no certainties in life. At each stage, you have to deal with chance and numerous possibilities and alternatives. You must be wise enough to play with the cards that have been dealt to you, without feeling frustrated or losing hope. Use your strengths and deal with your weaknesses. Use qualities that help you and avoid those that hinder you. In times of difficulties, protect yourself from your own negativity and self-destructive thoughts. By learning from your mistakes and failures, and from your successes and victories and by identifying the patterns that help you and facilitate your progress, you can build on your success and keep moving forward.
Everyone has a rhythm and that rhythm is the key to your material success and spiritual wellbeing. Changing wherever possible and adapting wherever necessary, pursuing your goals, dreams and desires according to your strengths and weaknesses and according to your natural talents and skills, you can take control of your life and create your own image and identity.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page