Cultivating Advancing Personality Traits and Mindset
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Healing || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
An advancing personality refers to the mindset of a person who is constantly on the lookout for possibilities and opportunities to improve himself to achieve his goals and advance in life. An advancing personality is progress oriented, forward thinker, contemporaneous, pragmatic, and success oriented, undeterred by problems and challenges or limitations. If you possess the following characteristics, you may consider yourself an advancing personality
The traits of an advancing personality
- He is driven by goals, purpose, passion, motivation and determination, who sets for himself difficult but achievable goals and works for them with laser focus.
- Since he is a realist and a pragmatist he does not take anything for granted but always looking for opportunities to improve himself and keep progressing.
- He is aware of his limitations, strengths and weakness, and understands life as a mixture of opposites and a series of threats, problems and difficulties, but he is not discouraged by them.
- Amidst the uncertainties and anxieties, he seeks opportunities to advance himself.
- Being a survivor who believes in himself and his ability, he perseveres amidst hardship and suffering.
People with this mindset are constantly on the look out for improving themselves and advancing in life. Even though they are successful, they still look for ways and means to improve themselves and achieve further success. They do not stop learning and improving their skills or testing new approaches and technologies to keep abreast of time. Most of them also strive for excellence, take responsibility for their lives and actions and prefer to leave some legacy behind them.
Another important characteristic of the advancing personality type is that they recognize the potential in others and prefer to take them along with them in their journey of advancement, while helping them in theirs. You too can be an advancing personality and brighten your future and your life through self-effort and self-improvement. The following ones are few suggestions.
1. Keep learning constantly.
Knowledge is important to advance in life, stay ahead of competition and excel in your life. Let your learning be focused, purposeful and according to your specific needs. You may also acquire general knowledge so that you can be worldly wise and see things from a broader perspective and be creative, pragmatic, open and inclusive,
2. Live a purpose driven life
Without purpose, life is rudderless. You must have a central purpose in life, which can be as simple as helping others, cultivating an inspiring personality or achieving excellence in a specific area. The purpose must be in harmony with your beliefs, desires, needs and aspirations, and essential nature. It must help you bring out the best in you and give you, fulfillment and satisfaction.
3. Set realistic and achievable goals
Without goals complacency sets in, and one becomes stuck in routine and platitudes. Well-defined goals keep you purpose-driven and focused to advance in your efforts and create the life you want to lead. You can have both long-term and short-term goals, goals to improve your skills, knowledge, personality, etc., or reach specific targets in your career or personal life.
4. Use your strengths, skills and talents:
Everyone is endowed with some natural talent or an inborn skill or advantage. See what comes to you naturally and what you enjoy doing. If you can build your life and career around them, you will have greater chances of achieving success and fulfillment in life. Even when you are working for others in a routine job, you can use your strengths and talents to prove your value and importance.
5. Deal with your weaknesses
We all have weaknesses since we are human and cannot be completely perfect. For example, some people are good at speaking, but cannot write effectively. Some people are good with numbers and calculations, but lack creativity or people skills. Identify your weaknesses and deal with in one of the two ways or by combining the two. One is to try to overcome your weakness through self-effort. However, it can be time consuming or may not always be possible or practical. The second is to seek the help of those who can compensate for your weakness.
6. Cultivate possibility thinking
Think in terms of possibilities and probabilities. Possibility thinking is different from positive thinking, because in possibility thinking, you realistically assess the possibility of outcomes, considering all the factors which influence it rather than simply hoping for the best or avoiding negative thoughts. In possibility thinking you have to weight both pros and cons and examine the possibilities both positively and negatively.
7. Be flexible and adaptable
Life does not always advance in a straight line. There will be twists and turns, disappointments and setbacks. You must be prepared for the contingencies and flexible enough to change your thinking and adapt and improvise your plans, goals and methods according to the situation. You must also be willing to make necessary sacrifices along the way and postpone pleasure, comfort and enjoyment if the situation demands.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page