Come Sit with Us - A Prayer for Auspiciousness
Come Sit with Us, A Poem
Come, curious seekers of Truth
Who have crossed the oceans and
Arrived here to find the divine Healer.
Come, sit with us on this sacred earth
Around the blazing fire that we have lit
To sacrifice eternal knowledge we learned.
Come, sing with us the ancient hymns with
Speech purified as our solemn offering,
Which the generous gods are eager to listen.
Come, let us sing together with unified voice
The sacred hymns heard in the subtle planes,
That illuminate our minds and hearts and
The deities who are active in their spheres.
Come, let us invite with fervent prayers
The eternal light of the highest heaven,
The everlasting love of our mightiest gods
The sanctifying wisdom of the divine healers,
And the blessings of our ancient masters.
Come let us pray in unison so that we may
Have the wisdom to make our paths brighter
And our daily offerings pure and auspicious.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Life and Teachings of the Buddha
- The Buddha On the Self And Anatta, the Not-Self
- Dhamma - Buddha's Teachings
- The Eightfold Path Of Buddhism
- Concept of Death, Hell and Afterlife in Hinduism
- Dharma, the Moral and Religious Duties of Hinduism
- The Ashtadikpalas, Rulers of Eight Directions
- Hindu Gods - Lord Ganesha
- God and Self in Hinduism
- Religious People of All Faiths Must Unite
- Teaching Faith in Classrooms
- Origin, Definition and Introduction to Hinduism
- The Problems and Status of Women in Hindu Society
- Why Idol Worship or Image Worship is Justified in Hinduism?
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page